|Name:||Exercise Buddy for Everyone Active Gym, Clevedon|
|Organisation:||North Somerset Community Partnership|
|Location:||Everyone Active Gym, Davis Lane, (Hand Stadium), Clevedon, BS21 6TG|
Once or twice a week during each 6 week session. All session dates are booked well in advance – 2 hour sessions on Wednesday or Friday
NSCP is dedicated to helping people with lung conditions feel more in control of their breathlessness and their condition by providing Pulmonary Rehabilitation Sessions for some patients. These sessions consist of one or two hours of talks and exercise and are led by our dedicated Pulmonary Rehab team.
For some patients attending these sessions can be quite daunting and therefore we are looking for exercise buddy volunteers to provide additional support to patients at sessions.
• Regularly attend Pulmonary Rehabilitation sessions over a 6 week period (once or twice weekly)
• Offer verbal encouragement and support to attendees
• Provide a visible example by undertaking exercise alongside attendees
• To feedback to staff any adverse signs or symptoms that attendees may divulge in general conversation
Podditional task – for those that are able to, the ability to offer a lift to and from the gym for patients would be very valuable – this is especially required in the Clevedon area.
All session dates are booked well in advance – 2 hour sessions on Wednesday or Friday:
Everyone Active Stadium, Clevedon
Wednesdays and Fridays 23rd Jan – 15th Feb 13.30-14.30
Wednesdays and Fridays 3rd April – 12th April 13.00-16.00
Wednesdays and Fridays 17th April – 10th May 13.30-14.30
No session 19th April – bank holiday
Wednesdays and Fridays 26th June – 5th July 13.00-16.00
Wednesdays and Fridays 10th July – 2nd August 13.30-14.30
Wednesdays and Fridays 18th Sept – 27th Sept 13.00 – 16.00
Wednesdays and Fridays 2nd – 25th October 13.30-14.30
Wednesdays and Fridays 11th December – 20th December 13.00-16.00
Wednesdays and Fridays 8th Jan – 31st Jan 2020 13.30-14.30
This role is able available at the Healthy Living Centre, Weston-super-Mare.
NSCP is an employee-owned social enterprise. We provide NHS community health services but are not an NHS organisation. We are free to compete for other contracts and provide other services to the community.
As a social enterprise our goal is to offer high-quality services as well as reinvesting profits back into the communities we serve. This enables us to develop new services to address the needs of the community.
Services We Provide
We provide community-based healthcare services, free to the people of North Somerset. We employ over 600 people who have a wide range of health and therapeutic skills.
Seven multi-disciplinary community teams
Children's services that work closely with the local authority and families
A learning disabilities team
A community hospital
Specialist services focusing on patients with specific needs
Voluntary Action North Somerset runs the volunteering service on behalf of NSCP.
Key Skills required:
• Good interpersonal skills
• Caring approach
• Understand value of exercise and be able to participate in general exercise
• Awareness of boundaries and confidentiality
• Awareness of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and its symptoms (desirable but not essential)
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are keen to diversify our volunteer workforce.
Full training will need to be undertaken including online, e-learning modules such as Health and Safety, Infection Control, Load Manual Handling, Fire Training, Information Governance and Safeguarding.
What you could get out of it
• Opportunity to develop your skills and experience
• Sense of fulfillment of contributing to your local community
• Being part of a wonderful team
• A reference and track record should you wish to volunteer elsewhere or seek employment
|Expenses:||Travel expenses are reimbursed|
Application form, DBS Check, Informal discussion, References