|Name:||Keeping in Touch Volunteer|
|Location:||** Volunteer from Home **, Enterprise Centre, Oldmixon Crescent, Weston super Mare, North Somerset, BS24 9AY|
We are looking for people who are able to volunteer for a minimum of a day per week (Tuesday to Friday), ideally on an on-going basis but for at least 6 – 12 months.
• Providing telephone support to people with memory concerns, people with a diagnosis of dementia or carers to help them access and understand information
• An additional named contact that complements the Dementia Support Worker, supporting individuals who have a diagnosis of dementia or are in the process of receiving a diagnosis, as well as their immediate family and friends
• Adding Referrals to the Client Record System
• Being aware of the practical and emotional needs of the people with whom you are speaking, referring more complex issues to specialist Society staff as appropriate
• Providing basic information, including fact sheets and similar Society materials
• Developing and maintaining an understanding of Alzheimer’s Society activities and other local services so that questions/enquiries can be handled well
Alzheimer's Society staff and volunteers provide both local information and over 2,000 services across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to people affected by dementia in their communities. Our local services include day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring. From Dementia Cafés and innovative Singing for the Brain sessions to memory-book projects and group outings, our services provide both practical support and an essential point of human contact.
• Able to communicate clearly and have empathy
• Have an understanding or experience of dementia and the health and social care environment or are willing to learn.
• Are willing to undergo the training necessary for the role and update your skills as and when necessary
• Are able to maintain clear and accurate records and have basic IT skills
• Have access to a computer
Keeping in Touch volunteers play a key role by supporting the Memory Support Team to provide an effective information and signposting service for people who need additional support to access information or services to which they have been signposted.
|Training:||Elearning and face to face learning are required for this role|
Application form, Informal discussion, References