|Location:||172 High Street, Worle, BS22 6JD|
Very flexible based on the volunteers availability. This could be short-term, longer-term, a few hours a month or more often.
Running a successful Barnardo's store requires a great team of enthusiastic volunteers and you could be part of it! Our volunteers come from a diverse range of backgrounds and bring a wide variety of skills to the organisation. They come together to generate vital funds for Barnardo's work with children, young people and their families.
Unlike standard retail outlets, our stores offer a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the retail operation. Our Volunteer Retail Assistants are trained to undertake a wide range of activities including:
• Providing strong customer service.
• Serving customers at the till.
• Taking receipt of stock donations from the public, thanking them for their generosity and finding out if they are Gift Aid Donors.
• Signing up new Gift Aid Donors (this raises an extra 25p per pound for Barnardo's from the sale of donations and does not cost donors anything).
• Replenishing stock by making sure our rails and shelves are well-stocked, visually appealing and tidy.
• Merchandising throughout the store.
• Stock preparation including sorting, steaming and pricing.
• Possible administrative tasks such as stocktaking.
• If you have a particular skill or interest, our team would be delighted to discuss how you could utilise it in store! This could range from computer skills to collectables knowledge, fundraising experience to fashion awareness - whatever your talent, please share it with us!
Barnardo’s is here to support the UK’s most vulnerable children. To stand up for them. To bring out the best in each of them. Whoever they are, and whatever their circumstances.
Join an amazing community of people doing extraordinary things to improve children’s lives.
This is a retail charity shop focusing on clothing.
• A friendly and helpful manner
• Honesty and reliability
• An interest or experience working in retail/ fashion/ and with the general public
• Commitment to Barnardo's Basis and Values
• Commitment to Barnardo's Equality and Diversity
• You will be trained in every aspect of your role and will receive an induction covering health and safety, safeguarding children and also our equality and diversity policies.
• We will provide you with all the support you need to feel confident in your role.
• You can benefit by developing your retail and customer service skills.
• We will be happy to provide a reference regarding your volunteer contribution should you require it.
• Your time will make a big difference to the children and young people Barnardo's work with.
We have a partnership with Derby college offering NVQ level 1,2,3 awards in retail, customer service and team leading
Application form, Informal discussion, References