|Organisation:||North Somerset Arts|
|Location:||Not applicable. All committee members work from home and travel to meetings and events across North Somerset. Transport essential., Portishead, BS20 8DW|
We are looking for volunteers who can be flexible with their time. Regular meetings are usually held every other month in the evenings. Actions may come out of these meetings that need to be carried out during the day and exhibitions and events (1-3 per year) may take place day times and weekends. The committee work together to work out what commitments can be covered by whom.
We are looking for two new committee members who are enthusiastic about promoting art in North Somerset. The role requires someone who wants to get stuck in, attend and contribute to committee meetings, help to organise events and exhibitions, provide input and expertise on a range of operations decisions that need to be made by the organisation.
North Somerset Arts (NSA) was founded in 2002 as the first community-led arts not-for-profit organisation in North Somerset. From inception, the objective of NSA was to promote artistic and cultural activities by professional and amateur artists, in order to increase public involvement and awareness of the arts within North Somerset.
1. SUSTAINABILITY: Become a stronger, more cohesive, organisation
2. PARTNER: Increase engagement with local businesses to educate and demonstrate the benefits of how the Arts can support businesses in the region
3. ENABLE: Provide services that enable the participation of people of all ages and backgrounds in cultural activities
4. ENGAGE: Engage with and educate people of all ages and backgrounds about using the arts for cultural reflection and promotion of North Somerset communities
5. ADVOCACY: Provide a voice for the arts in North Somerset
6. HUB: Become an umbrella organisation for the arts in North Somerset
An understanding of the arts sector and the business of being an artist.
A commitment to promoting arts in North Somerset
Good communication skills
An interest in art and artists
An interest and possibly experience in organising community events
Contacts in the art sector in North Somerset
Experience of organising community events
|Expenses:||Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.|