|Name:||Group Scout Leader, 1st Clevedon Group|
|Organisation:||Gordano District Scouts|
|Location:||1st Clevedon Scout HQ, Rear of ‘The Barn’, Western Way, Clevedon, North Somerset, BS21 6HG|
This role is very flexible but will require some evenings at meetings and supporting volunteers. It will also require some weekends
‘Join the Adventure!’
Could you manage and help leaders provide opportunities galore for boys and girls aged 6 – 14?
1st Clevedon Scouts are a lively and active Scout Group with great leaders and very committed parents providing all sorts of adventure and life experiences for young people.
We are looking for somebody to join and lead the team, providing vision and management skills for the exciting future of this small part of a worldwide movement.
Our Group Scout Leader would
• Support our leaders of Beavers (6-8), Cubs (8-10) and Scouts 10-14) in running great meetings, camps and all sorts of outdoor activities
• Work with a keen Exec Committee which raises funds, promotes the Group and manages our purpose built and newly re-decorated headquarters (behind ‘The Barn’ on Western Avenue)
• Receive support and mentoring from the Gordano District Team and colleagues
• Have great fun with some of Clevedon’s best young comedians and their leaders
• Perhaps expand provision to cater for all the youngsters who want to join us
We aim to encourage flexible volunteering so team applications would be considered.
Hours also flexible to fit in with other commitments but some evenings to fit in with meetings.
Experience of Scouting desirable but enthusiasm for the values and work of the Movement is essential.
The District organisation for Scout Groups in Long Ashton, Pill, Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Yatton and Backwell
No formal experience or qualifications necessary but sharing the values of the Scout Movement and wanting to enhance the adventurous experience of our youngsters essential.
A feel for / skills in administration /finance/fundraising helpful.
Willingness to support and guide volunteers to maximise their effectiveness.
You would meet many new people, have the reward of supporting and guiding adult volunteers and working with Clevedon’s young people.
The work of scout leaders is greatly appreciated by the community and in particular the parents of the youngsters.
|Restrictions:||Dependent on enhanced DBS and supportive references|
|Induction:||Yes, from colleagues and District / Regional support team|
|Insurance Cover:||Yes, Scout Association|
|Training:||Clear schedule of training available and expected|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check, Interview