|Name:||Learning and Development|
|Organisation:||Secret World Wildlife Rescue (SWWR)|
|Location:||Secret World Wildlife Rescue, New Road, East Huntspill, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 3PZ|
Do you have a background in education? Or, perhaps a friendly nature and the ability to inspire young people? Our learning programme aims to inspire a love and understanding of British wildlife and the countryside. We deliver this through school sessions, Wild Academy holiday sessions for children aged 5 – 11, Owlets for the under 5’s and Home Educators sessions.
Volunteers are required to assist our Learning and Engagement Officer Ellie in the delivery of these sessions. This will involve listening to children, preparing resources, helping with craft activities, setting up, packing down, assisting with refreshments, and speaking with teachers, parents and guardians. Most sessions also involve time outdoors accompanying groups around the site, on nature walks or during outdoor activities. This role would suit someone who is friendly, flexible, and enjoys working with children and young people.
Due to the nature of this role we do require a reference, which will be checked as part of the application process.
Secret World Wildlife Rescue specialises in the rescue, rehabilitation and eventual release of orphaned and injured wild creatures. It is run entirely on donations and runs a wildlife rescue service in the South West of England.
Each year, more than 5,000 wild animals are helped by Secret World Wildlife Rescue. Together with a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, we continue to care for all manner of creatures, from the tiniest harvest mice and bats to badgers, swans, foxes, deer and otters.
• An interest in working in education, and, preferably, experience in this area
• Passionate about British wildlife
• Enjoy working with children
• Work together with others to achieve objectives
• A genuine interest in the work Secret World does
• Positive, friendly and helpful attitude
• Willingness to occasionally help out with fundraising events
• Experience of volunteering with children. This is a great experience for those wishing to pursue a career in education and perfectly complements educational or childcare courses.
• References and C.V. content
• An opportunity to make friends and contacts
|Induction:||Will be arranged once application is received|
|Insurance Cover:||Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd|
|Offer:||Ongoing mentor and staff support|
|Training:||Half Day Training Provided|
Application form, DBS Check, Information Day, References