|Name:||Ground Crew Fundraising Volunteer|
|Organisation:||Great Western Air Ambulance Charity|
|Location:||3rd Floor County Gates, Ashton Road, Bristol, North Somerset, BS3 2JH|
Events and collections will be scheduled on an ongoing basis throughout 2019 but we don’t ask for any minimum commitment from our volunteers. You can sign up to as many events (or as few!) as you like. Some of our volunteers help twice a week, others twice a year – we are grateful for all the help we receive.
We are looking for friendly, approachable and enthusiastic individuals to assist in a whole host of upcoming summer events - the hours once trained are totally flexible based on your availability and preferences. Some volunteers commit a few hours a week, some twice a year!
GWAAC couldn’t run without its army of volunteers and the support of people like you. We’re involved in hundreds of local events - whether it’s hosting a stall at a school fete, collecting in town centres or marshalling motorcycles at our Ride4Life, there are plenty of varied opportunities for our volunteers.
Could you offer just a few hours of your time as part of a dedicated team of staff and amazing volunteers working together to raise the £3 million necessary to keep the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity operational?
Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) provide the critical care and air ambulance service for 2.1 million people across the counties of Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, North Somerset and surrounding areas. Our crew attend the most critical incidents across the region by helicopter or by one of our two critical care cars.
• Top notch communication skills, happy to interact with people from all walks of life to spread the word about GWAAC
• Reliability and passion for the life-saving cause
• Vehicular access and good mobility is desirable
• Adaptability and ability to follow guidance from either staff members or event hosts
• Full training and support from Community Fundraising Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator
• The opportunity to visit our airbase and see up close the life-saving work you’ll be making possible
• Flexibility with hours and dates
• Development of interpersonal skills, confidence and event management as well as gaining knowledge of working in the charity sector
|Restrictions:||Under 18's accompanied by an adult.|
|Special Needs:||If accompanied|
Application form, Informal discussion, References