|Name:||Branch Fundraising Co-ordinator|
|Organisation:||Samaritans of Weston-super-Mare and North Somerset|
|Location:||137a High Street, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 4HN|
3-5 hours a week from home at any time plus attendance at occasional meetings at 137a High Street.
Volunteer with Us - Fundraising Coordinator Needed
To recruit, train and coordinate a team of fundraising volunteers to deliver a range of branch fundraising activities. To be responsible for writing and coordinating the branch fundraising plans to ensure that the agreed annual income is raised for the branch. You should be enthusiastic and committed friendly and approachable and be able to work as part of a team. Fundraising experience is desirable but not absolutely essential. You must be willing to learn about our mission and values.
The main tasks will be
• Work with the Treasurer and Director to agree a fundraising target that covers the branch operating costs and plan and report on income and associated expenditure
• Work with branch leadership and fundraising volunteers to plan a range of fundraising activities and estimate what each will contribute to the agreed fundraising target.
• Liaise with Head Office, National Fundraising Lead and SW Regional Fundraising officers to generate ideas for fundraising.
• Recruit and train fundraising volunteers to take on specific tasks.
• Attend and chair branch fundraising meetings and attend regional meetings and training related to fundraising.
• Work with fundraising volunteers to investigate and apply for sources of funding from appropriate grant giving Trusts, statutory funders and local businesses. We have a grants officer who work with the Fundraising Coordinator to achieve this.
W-s-M Samaritans enables people in it's area and elsewhere who are experiencing feelings of distress or dispair, including those who may be at risk of suicide, to receive confidential, emotional support at any hour of the day or night in order to improve their emotional health and to reduce the incidence of suicide.
What we are looking for
• Enthusiastic and committed
• Fundraising experience desirable but not absolutely essential
• Friendly and approachable
• Willingness to learn about our mission and values
• Able to manage people and delegate tasks
• Able to work as part of a team
• Ability to communicate with people from all walks of life at all levels
• Rewarding and satisfying work
• Opportunity to positively affect the work of Samaritans
• Opportunity to develop and use leadership skills
• Personal development and training
|Expenses:||Yes, paid against expense claims|
|Offer:||Mentoring by current Fundraising Coordinator and support from Director and Branch Leadership Team. Our central office provides support including an intranet with fundraising guidelines and ideas from other Samaritan branches. They also have a fundraising|
|Training:||On job and by mentoring|
Application form, References, Information Day, Interview