|Name:||Alive Club Volunteer - Tilsley House, Weston-super-Mare|
|Location:||Tilsley House Care Home, 16 Clarence Road South, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 4BN|
Flexible volunteering. Volunteers can sign up each month and decide how many hours they would like to volunteer. Also, other opportunities across Bristol, Bath and South Gloucestershire are available.
The chance to make the world of difference to someone who is lonely and create a haven of friendship!
Alive Clubs bring together older people still living at home and those living in care homes. Together both groups can widen their social networks and experiences. These clubs are 3 hours long and will have a varied programme of activity. In the long-term the sessions are to be shaped by the group. It is a great time to start volunteering with these projects as you can be part of them from the very beginning and ensure they are a success in the future. The clubs are a great opportunity to meet new volunteers, residents and staff!
The role involves creating a friendly and welcoming space and supporting staff members with the general organisation of the sessions.
Aiming to improve later life. We work in care homes providing a range of sessions across the South West. We run training for care homes and volunteers. We need volunteers to help the charity run these sessions at a low cost.
Experience and Skills Specification:
• Reliable and committed to the role
• Good written and verbal communication and ability to adapt approach depending on the audience
• Awareness of the impact of health conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s and sensory loss
• Confident to use own initiative
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Chatting with individuals at the session ensuring they feel welcome
• Building relationships and trust with attendees and encouraging connections across the group setting
• Ensuring all attendees ae welcomed, offering drinks etc
• Support the facilitator and care staff with the organising and smooth running of the sessions
• Commitment to Alive’s organisational values and policies including; confidentiality, safeguarding and equality and diversity
• Attend Volunteer Induction and attend volunteer meetings
• Other tasks not included in this list may be set depending on the needs of the organisation
The chance to develop your communication and organisational skills.
Experience working with people with a range of abilities and backgrounds.
Giving a few hours of your time can make a huge difference to someone’s life!
Application form, DBS Check, Interview, References, Trial Period