|Name:||Newsletter Editor (North West Somerset Branch)|
|Location:||Ash Hayes Road, Nailsea, North Somerset, BS48 2LP|
Flexible although committee meetings generally take place on the 1st Monday of month (3 - 5 pm)
Our local groups provide friendship, support and activities to people affected by Parkinson's in the local area. But, only once people have found out about the group! With an interest in marketing and publicity you'll help build the profile of the group and communicate with the local community, connecting people to the support they need to live well with Parkinson's.
Put your marketing and communications skills to use, letting your creativity flow as you produce the group's newsletter. Our newsletter is vital to the success of our group, enabling us to reach out to our members with a current circulation of over 200. Not only does our newsletter include news about our activities, fundraising and Parkinson's and support available, but it also keeps our community connected, especially with those more isolated members who find it difficult to join us at group meetings.
This role can be done from home. You will be supported by other Parkinson's UK staff and volunteers, including the retiring newsletter editor. A laptop, printer and software will be supplied. Our local groups provide friendship, support and activities to people affected by Parkinson's in the local area. But, only once people have found out about the group! With an interest in marketing and publicity you'll help build the profile of the group and communicate with the local community.
What you will be doing; ● supporting the branch and other volunteers to gather information about upcoming events and activities, and write them up in a concise, attractive way to be used in publicity ● developing ways to promote the branch, including leaflets and posters, local media, online and social media ● producing, editing and collecting content for the branch newsletter
We're the Parkinson's charity that drives better care, treatments and quality of life. Because we're here, no one has to face Parkinson's alone.
We’re the largest charitable funder of Parkinson’s research in Europe. We know we’re close to major breakthroughs. By funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day. Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services. Making everyone see its real impact. We are Parkinson's UK. Powered by people. Funded by you. Together we'll find a cure.
- excellent writing and communication skills
- good IT skills and experience of using email and Microsoft office or GSuite
- experience of writing press releases and news articles (useful but not essential)
- willingness to write articles about branch events
- Enthusiasm, and a keenness to learn more about Parkinson's UK
- forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
- you'll connect people affected by Parkinson's in the local area to the support they need
- gain valuable organisational, teamwork and people skills
- use your marketing and communication skills and experience to make a real difference
- learn more about Parkinson's UK, as part of a pioneering organisation improving life for everyone affected by Parkinson's
Application form, Informal discussion