|Name:||Fundraiser (North West Somerset Branch)|
|Location:||Ash Hayes Road, Nailsea, North Somerset, BS48 2LP|
Flexible although committee meetings generally take place on the 1st Monday of month (3-5pm).
Parkinson's UK local groups offer friendship, support, and numerous activities for people affected by Parkinson's.
In the Nailsea (North Somerset) area , the group is a core part of the local Parkinson's community. As a committee volunteer you'll help connect people to the group, whilst making sure existing members stay up to date with the activities provided.
The main focus of this role is to be our group's Fundraising Volunteer, coordinating local activities and raising funds in support of Parkinson's UK and the local group. You will be organising fundraising events/ activities and developing ideas to bring each event to life. It's an opportunity to use your skills to research new fundraising opportunities and help to plan, promote and run fundraising events with the help of other members of the committee. We are a strong team and have fun whilst supporting so many affected by Parkinson's in the local area.
You'll build existing connections, and meet new people in your local area, all whilst making a difference to those living with Parkinson's in the North Somerset area.
The group meets regularly, but many of our volunteers undertake parts of their roles from home - at a time that suits you. This is a flexible role, and you could be doing any or all of the tasks on the role description - speak to your staff contact for more detail.
We're the Parkinson's charity that drives better care, treatments and quality of life. Because we're here, no one has to face Parkinson's alone.
We’re the largest charitable funder of Parkinson’s research in Europe. We know we’re close to major breakthroughs. By funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day. Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services. Making everyone see its real impact. We are Parkinson's UK. Powered by people. Funded by you. Together we'll find a cure.
- Be a good communicator, as you will be working with a wide range of different people
- Honest; you'll know when to ask for help, or when tasks might be seen as less important, and able to share that with Parkinson's UK and your group
- Be collaborative and team focused, as you will take part in regular meetings and discussions
- Be motivated and reliable, and able to show patience and empathy when dealing with sensitive situations
We are also looking for someone who could:
- Create and contribute ideas for fundraising activities with report to committee
- Assist at fundraising events and any activities organised by the branch such as coffee mornings to sponsored events
- Help organise bucket collections other fundraising occasions
- Attend presentations to raise the profile of the Branch activities or meet individuals to receive donations of money or gifts
- Connect with the local community and businesses to invite donations for raffle prizes or for sponsorship The time commitment is not onerous and the committee meet once a month.
This role gives you the opportunity to:
- Play a crucial role in the local Parkinson's community, making new friends and building connections
- You'll be part of a pioneering organisation, committed to finding a cure and improving life for everyone affected by Parkinson's - in your local area and beyond
- Gain valuable organisational, administrative and people skills
- The role offers a chance to meet new people and forge new friendships, both in the branch and the local community. You will also have the chance to build on organisational, administrative and people skills.
Application form, Informal discussion, References