|Name:||Committee Volunteer (Programme of events coordinator)|
|Location:||Ash Hayes Road, Nailsea, North Somerset, BS48 2LP|
Flexible although committee meetings generally take place on the 1st Monday of month (3-5 pm).
Parkinson's UK local groups offer friendship, support, and numerous
activities for people affected by Parkinson's.
In the Nailsea (North Somerset) area , the group is a core part of the local
Parkinson's community. As a committee volunteer you'll help connect
people to the group, whilst making sure existing members stay up to date
with the activities provided.
The main focus of this role is to be our group's “Programme Secretary”
coordinating a programme of speakers/ activities for group meetings. It's
an opportunity to use your skills to research interesting and stimulating
speakers and activities to keep our members engaged and to organise
and promote this programme with the help of other members of the
committee. We are a strong team and have fun whilst supporting so many
affected by Parkinson's in the local area.
You'll build existing connections, and meet new people in your local area,
all whilst making a difference to those living with Parkinson's in the North
The group meets regularly, but many of our volunteers undertake parts of
their roles from home - at a time that suits you.
We're the Parkinson's charity that drives better care, treatments and quality of life. Because we're here, no one has to face Parkinson's alone.
We’re the largest charitable funder of Parkinson’s research in Europe. We know we’re close to major breakthroughs. By funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day. Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services. Making everyone see its real impact. We are Parkinson's UK. Powered by people. Funded by you. Together we'll find a cure.
● be a good communicator, as you will be working with a wide range of different people
● Honest; you'll know when to ask for help, or when tasks might be seen as less
important, and able to share that with Parkinson's UK and your group
● be collaborative and team focused, as you will take part in regular meetings and
● be motivated and reliable, and able to show patience and empathy when dealing with
We are also looking for someone who could;
● come up with ideas for speakers/ activities for group meetings, book speakers, arrange
payment etc and coordinate with the rest of the committee
● facilitate drop ins for new members
● help with the planning and running of our spring and Christmas social events
The time commitment is not onerous and the committee meets once a month.
This role gives you the opportunity to;
● Play a crucial role in the local Parkinson's community, making new friends and building
● You'll be part of a pioneering organisation, committed to finding a cure and improving life for
everyone affected by Parkinson's - in your local area and beyond
● Gain valuable organisational, administrative and people skills
● The role offers a chance to meet new people and forge new friendships, both in the branch
and the local community. You will also have the chance to build on organisational,
administrative and people skills.
Application form, Informal discussion, Other