|Name:||Communications and Media Volunteer|
|Organisation:||Healthwatch Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG)|
We are looking for volunteers available on a Thursday or Friday. This is a regular role for someone who is able to commit to 2-6 hours per week working alongside our Communications Officer in our Nailsea office.
Passionate about health and social care services? Experienced in communication? Join us as a volunteer.
We're looking for a volunteer to assist our Communications Officer with developing and updating content for Healthwatch websites and social media platforms in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. This voluntary role may also involve helping create printed publicity materials, as well as researching and suggesting ideas to promote Healthwatch locally through local press, radio and online.
As a volunteer you'll have the opportunity to cover many different aspects of comms work and put your skills into practice in a busy work environment. You’ll be supporting our friendly team to raise awareness of Healthwatch and encourage people to tell us about their experiences of health and social care.
This is a regular role for someone who is able to commit to 2-6 hours per week working alongside our Communications Officer in our Nailsea office. We ask all our volunteers for a minimum of 6 months commitment. We'll provide you with support, training and the opportunity to get creative.
Please look at our website for information about Healthwatch North Somerset www.healthwatchnorthsomerset.co.uk
Healthwatch is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services.
We exist to ensure that people in North Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire are at the heart of care.
We listen to what people like about services, and what could be improved. We then share these views with those who have the power to make change happen.
We have the power to ensure that people’s voices are heard by authorities that commission and organisations that run services.
As well as seeking the public’s views ourselves, we also encourage services to involve people in decisions that affect them.
What we are looking for
• An ability to understand and write about the mission of Healthwatch
• Experience of updating websites (using a CMS), creating social media posts and printed literature
• The ability/skills to source and manipulate images as required
• Good written and spoken English (knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation useful)
• Ability to develop creative ideas and an eye for detail
• An appreciation of graphic design/layout
• Willingness to learn and attend training as required
• Involve yourself in your community
• Meet new people
• Play an important role improving health and social care
• Learn new skills or improve existing skills
• Gain experience that could be a stepping-stone into employment or training
|Expenses:||Out of pocket expenses reimbursed|
Application form, Informal discussion, References