|Location:||Jackson-Barstow House, 28 Thornbury Road, Uphill, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 4YQ|
To support the Bereavement Services Manager in providing a high quality bereavement service working within the guidelines set by Weston Hospicecare.
Weston Hospicecare provides palliative care for people living with a life-limiting illness in Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding areas as far afield as Highbridge, Burnham, Cheddar, Draycott, Yatton, Congresbury and Clevedon.
Our primary aim is to provide a quality of life that is pain free where patients can be treated and cared for by loved ones in a place of their choice, be that here are the Hospice, their own home or a care home.
All of the services we provide are totally free of charge, with only 20% of the £4.2 million a year running cost funded by the NHS. The rest is raised through our volunteers, shops and fundraising team working tirelessly throughout the year to support patients and families.
• Skills in reflective listening
• Be able to give advice and information
• Attention to detail
• Be able to work as a team and on an individual basis.
• Non judgemental
• Have your own transport
• A good understanding of grief and its effect on individuals
• Be reliable
• Have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach
• Be open-minded and tolerant of different lifestyles and values
• Be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries
• Willingness to partake in scheduled supervision sessions with the Bereavement Services Manager
Our volunteers tell us they get something slightly different from their volunteering experience, such as:
Invaluable work experience
Getting involved in their community
Making new friends
Putting existing skills to good use
Developing new skills
|Expenses:||We will reimburse you with any agreed out of pocket expenses incurred whilst carrying out this volunteer role in line with Weston Hospicecare’s expenses policy.We will reimburse you with any agreed out of pocket expenses incurred whilst carrying out this|
|Induction:||With the Bereavement Services Manager and Family Support Team Leader|
Application form, DBS Check, Informal discussion, Interview, References, Trial Period