|Name:||Virtual Support Service for Care Leavers|
|Organisation:||Family Action Listening Works|
Opening times of the support service are 6pm – midnight, 7 days a week. Initial commitment is 1 x 3 hour shift per week.
As a volunteer, you will be on hand to support care experienced young adults to talk, share worries, distract themselves from loneliness, or possibly to sign post them to avenues of support.
Volunteering from home, you will need access to a computer, laptop or tablet, a reliable internet connection and a quiet and confidential space to work from.
You will be given an agreed time slot on the virtual support service, usually 3 hours in duration. During this time you will:
- Answer the phone, webchat or text message to care experienced young adults
- Offer a listening ear, human contact, emotional support
- Provide information or signposting to resources
You will be provided with training, support and supervision and there will be a Listening Works supervisor on the line with you at all times to support you should you need it.
Listening Works is an innovative virtual support service for Care Leavers aged 18 to 27. Launched in April 2020 in response to the national Covid-19 crisis, the service is part of Family Action’s wider work in supporting families and individuals who are vulnerable to isolation, poverty and mental health difficulties.
Before the Covid-19 crisis began, care leavers in society already disproportionately experienced challenging life situations such as isolation, poverty, homelessness, work and education difficulties, and mental ill health. The Covid-19 restrictions throughout 2020 and 2021 significantly increased these pressures by enforcing further social isolation during the ‘Lockdown’ periods. Listening Works virtual support service has seen increasing numbers of care experienced young adults make contact to talk about not only the stresses of living through the pandemic but of a whole host of support issues.
Listening Works offers a service unlike any other. Our worries can feel worse in the evening hours, when normal avenues of support are likely to be closed. Listening Works is operational 7 days a week, from 6pm until midnight. We need volunteers to help us deliver this service. Our volunteers offer a listening ear to care experienced young adults via web chat, text message and telephone calls.
What we are looking for
This role would suit people who:
- Are able to feel and show empathy for vulnerable and struggling young adults
- Are reliable and able to make and see through a regular commitment
- Are able to build trusting relationships quickly
- Are able to manage their own and others’ emotions
- Are able to demonstrate resilience and remain calm in times of stress
- Are able to communicate effectively via webchat, text message or telephone
- Are computer literate
- Are friendly and non-judgemental in their approach to others
- Are willing to undertake online training, preparation and induction
- Are willing to follow the organisation’s policy and procedures to keep themselves and others safe
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to:
- Support some of the most vulnerable young people in your community
- Link with others to make a real difference to a young adult’s day to day life, over and over
- Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges faced by some members of your community
Training and support you will receive
As a volunteer with Family Action, you will get:
- Remote digital training to ensure that you are fully equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for this role
- Regular contact with your supervisor to discuss any challenges you are facing, and celebrate your progress in the role
- Ongoing support from our team of professional caseworkers and supervisors
Application form, Interview, References