|Name:||Water Safety Officer|
|Location:||Burnham-on-Sea Lifeboat Station, Pier Street, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 1BT|
The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea, but it’s not limited to launching a lifeboat or providing lifeguards to save lives.
Water safety contributes to the RNLI’s vision of saving every one, by developing Community Lifesaving Plans (CLPs) and working with Partners to help influence improved safety, to reduce the number of preventable deaths and incidents that occur within local coastal and inland waterway environments.
The Water Safety Officer is a pivotal role in that you would be involved in the design and implementation of the Community Lifesaving Plan, liaising closely with the local Lifeboat Operations Team, Area Lifesaving Manager, and the Water Safety team. A Community Lifesaving Plan is designed to identify “at risk” groups to reduce fatalities and serious incidents by working with partners to develop specifically targeted interventions.
This is a great volunteer opportunity for someone who can be effective both within a team and on a stand-alone basis. If you would like to join a friendly, dedicated, motivated team and you fit the criteria above or, have some of the required skills, we would like to hear from you.
The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea. Powered primarily by kind donations, our search and rescue service has been saving lives for nearly 200 years. Here you can find out more about who we are, what we do and how with your support, we can move closer to a world where no one drowns.
The impact you will make:
- Contribute to the RNLI’s vision of saving every one, by developing Community Lifesaving Plans to reduce the number of preventable deaths and incidents that occur within local coastal and inland waterway environment.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement the Community Lifesaving Plan to ensure delivery of targeted interventions to specific ‘at risk’ groups
- Coordinate activity and interventions of the Water Safety Plan
- Lead regular water safety meetings and be a member of and represent water safety on the Operations team at the lifeboat station
- Collate and report water safety activity
- Be involved in other activities as required
What you need for this role:
- Good knowledge/experience of coastal/inland waterway environment and local water based activity
- IT literate
- Supervisory experience
- Understanding of risk management
- Analytical skills
What’s in it for you:
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
|Expenses:||Reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed.|
|Training:||Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided.|