|Name:||Support at Home Volunteer|
|Organisation:||The British Red Cross|
This role covers all areas of North Somerset. The service operates every day of the week from 10 am to 8 pm and we are looking for volunteers who have a minimum of two hours per week.
Volunteering with First Call Support at home is an extremely rewarding and worthwhile experience.
The flexibility of our service means you can volunteer at a time and location that suits you.
Typical tasks include:
• Visiting with someone on their arrival home from hospital.
• Keeping someone company for a few hours at a time.
• Helping with practical tasks like shopping, collecting prescriptions and light meal preparation
• Keeping paper records of contact and activities.
• Signposting to support their independence in the home or their community
• Visiting patients on the ward before discharge to talk about their needs.
First Call Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) supports anyone over the age of 18 with practical and emotional support.
Our support ranges from a one-off welfare call or sign post to a supported resettlement upon discharge from hospital, ongoing telephone support and or up to 6 weeks of home visits.
Referrals can be accepted directly from individuals and there is no requirement to be referred by a health professional.
During resettlements and home visits we can provide- signposting to other organisations, shopping, companionship, assist with light duties around their home, emotional support, collect prescriptions, set up equipment around the home and complete home risk assessments.
What we offer
• The chance to work with a variety of different people from different walks of life and try to make a real difference in their lives
• Recognition of the skills and experience you bring to the organisation with additional training given as required so you can represent the Red Cross with confidence
• A great opportunity to develop your existing skills and to gain new ones
• The company of a warm and friendly team of like-minded people
• Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses when on duty
• Being a volunteer for the British Red Cross means that you can proudly say you are part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation
‘Volunteering gives me a sense of being part of my local community. It gives me a feeling that I'm helping people who otherwise don't really have any help available.”
Lizzie Laessing, Volunteer
|Restrictions:||Your own Business Class Insurance needed|
|Other:||Health and Safety Statement: We take an individual approach to ensuring your safety. We may ask you to complete a simple risk assessment. We will also have a conversation with you to discuss any restrictions that may still be in place in your region and|
Informal discussion, References, Information Day, DBS Check, Interview