|Name:||Bereavement Support Companion|
Are you looking for a new challenge where no two days are ever the same?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and organised individual to join our team of volunteers to help provide emotional support to bereaved families at their time of need.
We are looking for volunteers to provide short-term telephone support to people experiencing bereavement. Our Local Marie Curie Bereavement Support Services in the South West, support people in dealing with a bereavement, who may want ongoing support, from the same person, over the phone for up to six sessions.
Although you will be supporting bereaved people mainly in the Southwest of England you can be based anywhere in the United Kingdom to do this volunteering role.
The right candidates will be given full training and support in order to fulfil this vital role. When someone accesses this service, they are matched with a specially trained volunteer, who will give that regular bereavement support. You will provide a safe space where they can talk openly about the things that are worrying them, thoughts and feelings.
To be considered for this volunteer opportunity, you must be an outgoing individual who would enjoy being a passionate advocate for Marie Curie and our bereavement support services and the impact that our services have. You will also need to be available for a minimum of 3 hours per week to fulfil this role.
Marie Curie is the UK’s leading end of life charity. We provide frontline nursing and hospice care, a free support line and a wealth of information and support on all aspects of dying, death and bereavement.
• Provide short term confidential emotional support to clients over the phone
• Actively listen to clients and explore their feelings around their loss with empathy
• Pass on appropriate information to the Bereavement team
• Keep to local record keeping procedures
• Ability to signpost to relevant charities or agencies.
• Proficient in using Email and Microsoft Word
• Flexible volunteering
• Opportunity to be involved with a national leader in end of life care
• Full training provided and opportunities to move throughout the volunteer services
• A supportive and empowering team environment
• Clinical Supervision and support sessions on a 1:1 basis or with other volunteers
• Access to other volunteering opportunities
• Continuous personal development
Application form, DBS Check, Informal discussion, Information Day