|Organisation:||Vision North Somerset|
|Location:||3 Neva Road, Weston super Mare, North Somerset, BS23 1YD|
Trustees meet six times a year, at present from 5pm to 7/8pm on a Monday evening. A new trustee would undertake induction into the charity at times to suit. Trustees complete some volunteering outside of regular meetings i.e. reviewing policies.
Develop your professional skills and experience while you give back to a brilliant local charity. Local charity Vision North Somerset support nearly 1500 blind, partially sighted and hearing impaired people across the county. We’re looking to add some skills and experience to our fantastic group of trustees. Please see the attached role description for details. Contact email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion to find out more.
Vision North Somerset is a vibrant charity which has been established for over 40 years offering vital practical and emotional support for local people of all ages who are blind or in the transition stage of significant sight loss. Our main activities are to provide statutory and voluntary services including rehabilitation, low vision aids, mobility and daily living skills training, social clubs, swimming club, home visiting, IT support and Benefit form filling. We are passionate about making a positive difference to reduce isolation, increase independence and promote good health and wellbeing.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a willingness to accept the legal duties and responsibilities of trusteeship and undertake induction and occasional ongoing training as required.
- Show strong leadership and people management skills, and an ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Have a strong commitment to social justice, especially around aging and disability.
- Can demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively.
We welcome applications from individuals whose skills/experience includes some of the following:
- Finance and accounting: Vision North Somerset requires a Treasurer to work with the Chair, CEO and Finance Officer to oversee financial planning and management and make regular reports to Trustees.
- Fundraising and income generation: Vision North Somerset relies on fundraising, mainly from trusts and foundations, for the majority of its income.
- We are embarking on a programme to diversify our income streams by growing community, events, gifts in wills and trading. Could you offer fundraising oversight and support our fundraising staff?
- Human resources and staff wellbeing: as a small team delivering a front-line service, we want to ensure staff wellbeing is at the heart of our operation and that we are compliant with HR law and best practice including around safeguarding. Could you support Vision North Somerset to achieve this?
- Diversity and inclusion: could you help our organisation to improve our policies, practices and reach more diverse audiences?
- Community engagement: community impact is a priority for Vision North Somerset – could you support us to develop our outcome and impact measurement and to undertake coproduction?
Becoming a charity trustee is a great way of developing your skills in governance, strategic planning and organisational oversight. Our trustees are a small, friendly, committed group with significant commercial and lived experience. You’d be joining a great team and giving back to a brilliant local charity.
|Training:||Yes - occasional as needed|
Informal discussion, References, Other, Interview